[at-l] hunting southbounders...

> One thing that nobody's brought up on this subject is "hunting
> season".  I've never heard Felix say anything about it so maybe it
> wasn't bothersome to him.  But it would be a real good idea to know
> when the hunting seasons occur in each of the southern states - and
> wear "hunter orange."

I don't remember where hunting season started kicking in. We were in PA
in late October and that must have been close. A former list
member...kelly? Calli? Kyle?...something, sent us these odd little
sheets of hunter orange stuff...it was like fuzz on one side and vinyl
on the other. We draped them across our pax. The only time I ever was
skeert by gunfire was somewhere down around Double Spring or Iron Mtn.
Shelter...and, the gun shooters weren't huntin'...they were just
shootin'...loud shotguns very close to me. I went to the ground in the
mud it spooked me so much. I had my walkman on, probably listening to
AT-L on Tape....when I heard the first blast about 40 feet from me. I
stayed low and snuck away. They never knowed I was there. And, this has
little to do with hunting...other than, I guess...you should be aware of
more than just hunters.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98