[at-l] all things considered / brunton half note / sony walkmen

I never seem to get the radio in the pack before my hikes, but I have
used them periodically, although mostly in training for a hike or an event.

If anyone's shopping for a radio - I had the Brunton Half Note - thought
it was a good deal when I picked it up, 1.9 oz, $15, but it died on like
day 3 of hiking!  I never bothered to resurrect it.

After more research, I'd recommend the Sony SRF-S84, and if you're
really particular, this gentleman sells specialized Sony walkmen with
better reception and sound quality, all for around $60. --
http://www.fixup.net/tips/srfs83/srfs83.htm

Six2