[at-l] all things considered

Amber wrote:

> I wonder how many section or through hikers
>of the AT carry a radio with them?

I get the AT-L on tape from my local liberry and listen to it as I hike.
They're read by Charlie Callas.  It's usually one month per tape. I've
pretty much worn the 'FF' button off the walkman, though.  (Actually, I
DO take a discman and listen to a couple of CDs. Next week's hike I'll
have Audioslave's powerful CD and...hmmmm, what else shall I
take...perhaps Engelbert Humperdinck? I think no...)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98