[at-l] Testosreone and Mushrooms

You are right about that testosterone stuff.

Last Friday I was driving by Walden Pond and stopped by to pick up a post
card for Sgt Rock at the gift shop and as I was exiting the store a guy my
age bound up from the pond with two hands full of beautiful yellow
mushrooms.  Chantruse I think, but I don't do 'shrooms so who knows.
Anyway, rather than simply congratulate him on his good fortune or look the
other way, I mentioned that it really wasn't cool picking mushrooms from the
reservation.  To which he said that was only true about flowers.

Anyway, the testosterone started fllowing and I didn't know what to do.  I
tried to remember that when it comes to mushrooms, I really don't know for a
fact whether its  illegal to remove them from a state reservation, but this
was Walden Pond, right?   And who owns the pond, anyway?   Me right?  Well,
I harumphed and after he asked what concern it was of mine and I was about
to launch into my speach about how the reservation belonged to me because I
am a citizen, but I get a bit flustered when the BP is elevated.  You all
have seen evidence of that.  I just asked him to think about how others
might have enjoyed the mushrooms.   Argh, Walden Pond is way stressed by
overuse.    Anyway, here I am walking away with all this testosterone
flowing though my system with no outlet.

What's my point.  Well, perhaps its just to thank God there is an AT-L.
Otherwise who knows where all that testosterone  would have been channelled.
  I'm not sure what mincurate means (was that it?) but it doesn't sound
good, and I don't think that is something that I could live with doing. Not
getting cuaght doing it in public, any way.   My other point is that there
are times when that testosterone simply compells one (OK, compells me) to
say something.   As I was compelled to say something to the guy who scored
those mushrooms at Walden Pond.  Even though I don't really know if he was
breaking any rules.  It just didn't seem right.    Most people would have
kept thier mouths shut.  Thats true about so many things, most people just
keep their mouths shut.  Even about much more important stuff than someone's
comments on the net or someone's gourmet find.

Got to say sometime things would be easier with out that compulsion.  I am
probably on that mushroom hunter's list, too..

Rick B

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es