[at-l] AT License Plate

Steve Landis  wrote:
>Jim,
>If you could cite the post where RnR suggests the license plate idea,  I
>would glad to publicly apologize to him.

Steve -
I don't think you're in any danger of having to apologize.  The way I
remember it (and I "could" be wrong) during a "discussion" on TA, Roks
proposed a check-off box on the Federal Income Tax form.  Which isn't all
that bad an idea if were to be applied to trails in the state that the
taxpayer lived in - or maybe to a general fund for all the National Scenic
Trails.  But Roks got into his usual dog-in-the-manger,
it-should-only-be-for-the-AT mode, which wouldn't be a viable option at the
Federal level, so it got tiresome arguing with him about it.  Then someone -
I think it was thru-thinker - came up with the AT License Plate idea.  Since
thru-thinker is a lawyer, he decided to try to get it done in NC.  And he
did.  Roks made the contribution of starting the "what can we do to raise
money for the AT" thread.  But it was thru-thinker who came up with
something practical - and then made it happen.

Kudos to thru-thinker -
Jim

Send and receive larger attachments with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es