[at-l] put a cork in it

Jim Lynch  wrote:
>The AT was established by Congress as a National Scenic Trail in 1968. Land
>acquisition was authorized.  Would it be logical to conclude that no land
>could have been obtained by ED for the AT before that time?

Yup - but the "1923" date that was objected to had nothing to do with ED.
It was simply an attempt to discredit the whole story by misdirection.  The
eminent domain dispute at Greymoor happened in 2000.

You can call it conicidence if you want - but that was the year Greymoor
stopped welcoming thruhikers.  I'm not a believer in coincidence.

I'm gonna do something "nearly" unprecedented here and quote RnR -
    " I can't see the useful purpose in establishing an atmosphere of
government bullying as an established model and reference point to the AT. "

The quote applies here.

My God - saying something good about RnR - twice in less than an hour - I'm
not sure my heart (or my sanity) can handle it.  <VBG>

Hmmm - to answer another question -- the "use" of ED by actually appearing
in a courtroom is NOT the  only measure of government abuse of the practice.
  The "threat" of ED is an effective and particularly nasty form of
coercion.  If you don't believe it, get involved in a law suit - any lawsuit
- as the defendant - and figure out how it's gonna affect your lifestyle,
health, marriage, job or business  and income for the years it'll take to
settle.  As well as for the future.  It doesn't ever have to go to trial -
it can, and often does,  destroy your life.

Walk softly,
Jim

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon