[at-l] Trail History Clarification Requested

Weary wrote:

> >"...Or you could dive into the ATC and NPS records," says Jim.
>
>The ATC has not now, nor has it ever had any powers of condemnation. All it
>could ever do is make recommendations -- just like you, me and jim.

Uh, Bob - I thought you were one of those "superior" liberal types - but it
sure don't show there.  The ATC may not have done the condemnatiion
proceedings but they sure supported those who did.  Or didn't you know Mike?

In any case - I said nothing at all about ATC having  powers of
condemnation, did I?  But they do (or at least should) keep records of land
acquisitions.  For a "superior" type who deals in facts, you sure don't seem
to know much about how to do research, do you?  Don't read too well either,
do you?

>  I think we can all agree that Govmints can do bad things. One need only
>look at
>  Washington today. That's why we have laws, and courts and elect people.
>This is
>  at best a muddled, chaotic system, but it's the best anyone has been able
>  come up with. Us liberals prefer it to whatever is second best. I'm not
>sure
>  about conservatives.

You seem to forget that it's the conservatives that go out to fight, bleed
and die for that muddled, chaotic system, Bubba.  You don't find a lot of
liberals in combat units.  Why do you think Gore blocked counting the
absentee ballots in Florida a couple years ago?

>However, most of the condemnation horror stories involve
>  highway rights of ways. It's part of the system. Everyone wants better
>roads --
>  except neighbors. Only a few of us fight for trails and parks. By
>definition,
>  governments, even republican governments, respond most diligently to
>majority
>  interests.
>
>  Unless he provides far more details, I'm less than impressed by Jim's
>list of
>  alleged maleficences.

LOL!!!

I'm not in the business of convincing people whose minds are made up and
don't want to be confused by facts.

Have a good night anyway,
Jim

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon