[at-l] Trail History Clarification Requested

>"...There have been a lot of words posted, but NO ONE has shown any lands that
>were forcefully taken for the trail." observes Mark.

True. But I'm not going to say that No lands were taken, because someone is sure
to dig up an isolated example. But I suspect that the conspiracy folks -- those
convinced of a big, bad government pushing folks off their lands -- will never
be persuaded.

As for me, I remain convinced that trails are at least as important as highways.
No one complained when the government took my house and land for frivolous
highway reasons, so I'm not going to seriously worry about those upset about
taking land for trails.

However, wise citizens will never trust their government. When the state highway
department took my house and land I protested the amount they proposed to pay.
After months of negotiation they upped the ante slightly. They then told my
similarly aggrieved neighbors that they wished they could pay more "but Bob
C....... took all the money."

Weary