[at-l] Trail History Clarification Requested

 > If I remember rightly Delaware Water Gap land was first taken for a
giant power
 > or water supply dam. When "recreationists" protested, the acquired
land was
 > turned into a National Park.

Not a National Park, a National Recreation Area.

But WTF does this have to do with acquisition of trails!

The AT was on the ridge when the land was owned by various summer camps,
and it is still on the ridge after we were kicked out (in the 1970s) by
the Tocks Island Dam project.

There have been a lot of words posted, but NO ONE has shown any lands
that were forcefully taken for the trail.