[at-l] Cleaning tips + Test

Hopefully this will get through.  I am apparently getting NO MAIL from AT-L.
I've tried several solutions and so far nothing has worked.  I have no idea
what is wrong.  Unless I've really pissed someone off.  BUT here are three
tips for using Alka-Seltzer for cleaning.  I bet the third would work great
on the trail for bottles; especially since many conveninece stores carry
handy 1 or 2 packs of Alka-Seltzer.

"1. Your toilet - Drop a tablet in and leave it for 20 minutes
"2. A drain - Clear the sink drain by dropping three tablets down the drain,
followed by a cup of white vinegar. Wait a few minutes, then run the hot
water.

"3. A thermos bottle - Fill the bottle with water, drop in four tablets and
let it soak for an hour. "
Comment:  I suspect that you would not have to use all 4 tablets for the
average sized bottle.  Plus I would probably stagger the tablets (one right
away; one in 10/15 minutes; one in 10/15...).  I would probably only use one
in a bottle that carried "clean" water and that was rinsed regularly.  And I
would rinse real good after using this cleaning method.  If the tablet
completely dissolves, I have noticed (in a regular glass during regular use)
that there might be a tiny aftertaste if you don't rinse.  On the other
hand, unless you are really sensitive to the taste or unless you think about
it, the taste is not all that noticeable.  Plus if I could, I would use hot
water for the cleaning and for the rinsing.

William, The Library Turtle
          -- I may be slow, but I get there --
                  nealb@midlandstech.com
                  Columbia, South Carolina