[at-l] RE: pickles

Sounds like delicious pickle relish...I imagined whole cucumber pickled in
some kind of whole mustard seed flavored pickling juice.   Flour?  Never
heard of putting flour in a pickling recipe.   Wouldn't it thicken on it's
own if you cooked it down, especially if you ground the veggies instead of
chopping them?  How does the flour affect the taste?  How long do they have
to set before their considered "pickled"?  I'm planning on being in Maine in
about three weeks to study aspects of the Trail and to hike some.  Is that
long enough?

Thanks for the receipt...