[at-l] OT: Rail Trail funding in Jeopardy.

In a message dated 8/31/2003 12:39:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stephensadams@hotmail.com writes:

> Florida has warm weather which is much sought after by the elderly, many of
>
> whom relocate there.   Many of these people encounter difficulty walking, or
>
> anticipate they will in the not too distant future; they could not care less
>
> about hiking trails.  It doesn?t seem fair burdening them, paying for
> something they will not use.

One would have to search a long time to find something further from the
truth.  Most seniors move further south than Jacksonville where I live.  I walk the
rail/trail every day.  unless it is raining I share it with old folks.  A
group of them take sections to clean.  Together they clean the entire 15 miles
that I walk.  If they will clean it surely they will vote in support of it.

Clyde