[at-l] footnote to the technology, growth/decay, hope/fear,"progess" discussion

http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/faculty/jsimon/Ultimate_Resource/freedom.html

One of my all-time favorite economist types, and one of my
favorite all-time economics-type books. The first edition gave
this near-Luddite a wake-up call at just the right moment in
life..... and it continues to hold true.

Oh, and a footnote on the footnote: Jim Owens has not said
anything hinting at *boundless* growth -- sometimes I wonder
whether people can recognize that the guy's been around a couple
of decades, has worked some in so-called "technology" jobs, has
walked a few thousand miles in woods, and spends free weekends
with his sweetie doing trail work in another state. Hellooooo!?