[at-l] Cameras (Kinda Long)

>"...On a typical day he may shoot 10-15 roles of film which is not an
>inconsiderable expense, especially given that many of them don't turn out
>perfect."

Shooting 10-15 rolls a day, certainly makes digital more cost competitive with
film, even with the added cost of a quality digital camera and digital software
added in, as compared with film cameras.

 I question whether the same is true for someone who shoots a roll or two
 occasionally, especially given the rapid development of digital. Film cameras
 -- especially inexpensive ones -- have about reached their technical limits.
 Digital cameras are in their infancy.

 A film camera you buy today will remain close to the state of the art for
 years. I suspect the latest digital will remain state of the art for only a few
 months.

 Those of us who lack will power will be sorely tempted to replace today's
 digital tomorrow.

 Weary