[at-l] Cameras (Kinda Long)

> I would have been disappointed with the quality of
> the picture as they would not be any better than what
> I got from the disposable cameras.

This is an overly broad statement that just isn't true.  Cheap digital
cameras will give you the 'disposable image' look, but a decent one will
give you very respectable images and prints.  My Sony MVC-CD300 is very good
for me, and I have taken some truly stunning photographs with it.  I have
seen digital prints that I cannot discern from film prints.  There's more to
it than blanket statements...  The new lens setups are outstanding.  Pickup
a copy of Digital Photography or Outdoor Photography and see what some folks
are doing.

All of it is relative.  If I had taken the advice of one of the
photographers I learned from I'd be shooting nothing but black and white
from a medium format camera because, "35-MM is strictly for amateurs.",
according to him.

> I mentioned that I had an old Cannon SLR (AE-1) that
> I had purchased back in 1969.  I also told him that
> it was the Japanese version of the camera.  Paul
> looked at me like I had just told him I had a million
> dollars in gold

You do.  Let me know if you ever want to sell it...

> According to Shane wearing clothes while hiking is
> way over rated.

So true...

Shane