[at-l] OT - bicycle theft

Just wondering if anybody has ever heard of bike thieves being charged with 'vehicular theft' rather than just bike theft.  In most states bicycles are legally vehicles (like cars, but with no engines and half as many wheels), and as my bike is my only vehicle, I'm looking for ways to increase the charges on the guy who stole my bike (and to do a little bike advocacy on the side).  I've already resigned myself to the fact that this joker's gonna get off scot free, so my main purpose here is not necessarily to win the case, but to raise some eyebrows in our judicial system which routinely treats law-abiding vehicular cyclists as second-class citizens.
Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-Tab Combs
tacombs99@hotmail.com