From: "Chase Davidson" <wb4pan@mindspring.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Testing/Waiting for Rain

My Nomad 2 for 2 weighs in at 34.6 oz (without my hiker
poles). I hosed it down real good inside and out. I packed it up
sloppy wet, the way it would be if it was still raining when packed.
Normally if its not raining I wipe it down with my camp towel before
packing it up, but I wanted an extreme example. So how much water do
you think it would hold, a cup, two cups, a quart, more?
Well it gain 25 oz, that's 3 cups of water.  To an ounce weenie it
sounds like a lot 1# 9 oz. But if you think of it as carrying 3 cups
of water it doesn't sound so bad even if it is undrinkable water
weight. Sometimes I will take a midday break if its sunny and let my
tent air out a bit.
<<