[at-l] Sams Gap

I drove across Sam's Gap today.  The new part of the highway is done and open.  I however did not notice a safe way for hikers to cross the highway.  In fact, I no longer saw signs for the Trail up their.  Does anyone know what has been done for safety up there?  There is short section of low concret dividers, but that would be a rough scramble across that road.  On the east bound side, I pulled over at the old parking area for a couple of minutes and saw chainlink fince across a path, that I thought was where the trail exited from the woods.
Plodder

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!