From: William Neal [mailto:nealb@midlandstech.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 9:14 AM
To: 'Lynn Setzer'; AT-L List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [at-l] Glucosamine

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn Setzer [mailto:hikester@mindspring.com]

Given that there's two kinds of arthritis -- the osteo (or "aging") kind and
the rheumatoid (or autoimmune) kind, doesn't it stand to reason that
glucosamine products would be effective for the osteo kind and not for the
rheumatoid kind?

WILLIAM THE TURTLE:
GASP!!! I was old when I was 12?

Also, since I had to do some library checking on Arthritis, I saw an article
on rheumatoid and it was on a website about arthritis and glucosamine.  But
while glucosamine was related in other articles about osteo, the
"alternative" treatments made no mention of rhumatoid being affected by
glucosamine.  I do believe thought that a friend who has rheumatiod tried
glucosamine at a doctor's recommendation.  But I won't swear to it.