Lightweight reading for the trail (a spin-off of)RE: [at-l] Lightweight gear lists?

One of the best lightweight books I ever carried hiking was the one that I
started the AT with:

 Words for the Wild: The Sierra Club Trailside Reader (Sierra Club
 Totebook)
 by Ann Ronald (Editor), Sierra Club

 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/0871567091/all
 /ref=dp_bb_a/002-0699452-3967268

If  I have the right book (my got lent out and disappeared, this title
looked right when I searched) this is a collection of essays from
"wilderness writers" starting with Thoreau and Emerson, and going through
Aldo Leopold and in to modern writers.

skeeter

PS: yes, I am also addicted to reading, and often have to ration whatever
book I'm carrying on the trail. "Lets see, 10 days to the next place I can
get a book, 200 pages left, I can read 20 pages tonight"...