[at-l] Arthritis on the trail

This might not help while you're *on* the trail, but when I was seeing a
rheumatologist for fibromyalgia after my (latest) car accident, I overhead
him describing a non-surgical treatment for arthritis called prolotherapy to
another patient.  I asked him about it and he was very excited about it
(he's a neat doctor) although it's nothing new.  It involves injecting a
sugarwater solution into the arthritic area.  This irritates it and causes
it to rebuild tendons and ligaments in response.  That's my understand of
how it works, anyway.

I asked around and found out the receptionist at my physical therapist's
office had it done for one shoulder and she said it completely cleared up
her arthritis, with no recurrance after three years.  I don't have arthritis
but I like non-surgical and non-toxic solutions to anything, so it stuck in
my mind.  Here's a web site about it:

http://www.prolotherapy.com/prolodefine.htm

I suppose other than the shot, it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9