[at-l] Opinions about Knees

Lynn, the two biggest changes for me; first was switching to two trekking
poles. I believe Mara Factor had a link on her website to a page that
showed the correct usage, but haven't chased it down in a while.
The second was that I started taking glucosamine sulfate a couple of years
ago. Actually, I started taking it twice, the first time I didn't take it
long enough, and it takes some time (I've heard up to three months, but it
only took me about two months) to build up in your system. I was wondering
if it was really doing anything for me, and I one point I stopped taking in
for various reasons (ran out, off on vacation, etc), and after about six
weeks my knees started to hurt again. Started back on it and after two
weeks or so was Ok again.
A friend of my brothers is a physicians assistant, and she regards the
whole thing as psychosomatic, but I don't care as long as it keeps my knees
from hurting...

skeeter