[at-l] OT Tropical Outlook

Did anyone get insurance of the AT?  I remember Hugo (I was in Wally-World
that night when the eye went right overhead).  I'm not sure about now, but
there was still blow-downs along the AT in '92.  Most had been cut-through,
but you could see the damage.

((I washed, stripped, and waxed floors at the time Hugo went over.  My crew
that night was me and a lady called Helen.  We were locked in.  We told the
manager as he left, we'd be in Charlotte in the morning -- Charlotte was
about 30/40 miles north of Lancaster.  We kept going to the doors and
looking out.  I went to the front one last time and looked out.  I saw blue
flashing lights that had to be 10 feet or less away.  But I could not see
the body of the police car.  Then I saw the glass starting to flex.  We went
and hid under the law-aways desks.  Next morning, several hours after we
were suppose to leave, Helen gave me a lift home.  We stopped at the
stoplight leading from the shopping center and sat there trying to figure
out what was wrong with the scene across from us: A State Farm office.  The
parking lot was already full, but that was not surprising.  The State Farm
agents were working.  That did not surprise us either.  Then we realized
that the whole front wall was gone and we were looking straight into the
office bldg.  Talk about dedication!  And I missed the big Hurricane Party
at my apt. complex.  Rats!  Luckily the tall pines fell all around my apt.
and missed it.  Hmmm.... To party or not to party...))

Has anyone heard of anyone being caught on the AT in a hurricane?  What
would you do?

William, The Tunneling Turtle