[at-l] OT: Banking (was) RE: OT Business as bad as governement

I know of an elderly gentleman who walked into BoA.  When asked if he were a
customer, he said No.  And before he could explain that he meant that he was
not a local customer, but that he had several accounts with BoA, he was
"asked" to step aside until BoA custormers could be taken care of.  When
they finally got to him, they explained that it was bank policy (they did
not say if it was local or system wide) to take care of customers first
during the bank lunch rush hours.  He told me they sounded snooty.  So he
handed them the little check that was drawn on a BoA account.  And when the
asked if there was anything else they could do, he started drawing out all
his accounts at all the BoAs where his various enterprises and employees
were located (see PS).  They tried to stop him, but he raised a fuss and he
kept with his intentions.  I think they hoped he was going to change his
mind since he kept some in several accounts, but he did that only to cover
outstanding checks, etc.  In the end, he withdrew all the money and
persuaded several partners/employees to withdraw any money they had in BoA.

Me.  From all I've heard and from the little bit of trouble I've had with
them, I ain't getting near them.

My former local bank was a great small town bank.  No waiting for ID check.
I even got tomatoes and other goodies at the bank.  And I know of more than
one person who could not get a loan through the bank, but they got
"personal" loans through the help of bank officials.  My best friend bought
his first car when he was told by the bank president to drop in that evening
with his wife.  Since my friend was a sometimes preacher, he thought it had
to do with church things.  After supper the bank president and him were
talking and the pres handed him enough money for the car and said "pay me
back when you can".  Try that with BoA.  Then it was bought out by the
county bank.  Which was bought out by a state bank.  Which was bought out by
Wachovia.  Wait long enough and it will probably be bought out by
Wally-world. ;-)

William The Turtle

PS    He was a country good ol' boy who had lots of little business
parternerships here and there.  He was quite well off.  Sighhhh...  I'm j'st
not good enough a country boy.  Boo-hoo!