[at-l] beach backpakcing

I have backpacked on the beach to False Cape State Park in Virginia.

  Some pointer...

1)  Sand will be on ALL of your gear, no matter how hard you try.  Yes,
silnylon will collect sand along with any of your seam sealing compound.

2)  Get a tide chart and walk at low tide.  High tide you will be walking on
the sandiest part of the beach and that will drain you quickly.  Low tide you
get to walk on the compacted sand.... much easier, see more creatures of the
sea.

3)  We carried a lot of water with us in camelbaks.  You will have to watch
your fresh water.

4)  I wouldn't hike barefoot.  You are begging to step on something that
washed ashore ( bottles, pieces of wood, sharp shells, or even a sea creature)

5)  When anchoring your tent... think SNOW... use the same technique as you
would if you were in snow.  Tie you line to a large rock or something of sort
and bury it in the sand.  It will hold... I added a little sea water to make
thick with mud.  Worked good.

6)   What ever you are comfortable with.  We used our pads but the sand is
soft and pliable so you could use a towel.

  Enjoy!

Sparky!