[at-l] Perfect weather in the Smokies!

I just had the sudden opportunity to do some hiking in the Smokies....only a
few miles off and on and without a pack.  But it was wonderful!  My dh and I
decided to car camp (actually van camp) in a camping area there.  We needed
to get away and relax.  I discovered some wonderful short (day hike) loops
right in the campground.  Then  today we went to Clingman's Dome and I hiked
a few miles on the A.T. from there.  I hated to stop and turn around but,
this time, I had no choice.  Passed several backpackers and day hikers.
Boy, was it great to see those white blazes in the Smokies again!  I have
not been on that section for about 5 years and it was very cold the last
time.  The last couple of days here it has been 72-76 and "natural air
conditioned"  It was almost clear and the views were awesome..  We are
camping on a rushing stream and my hammock is partly over the water.  If
anyone is looking for a great place to hike this time of year, it is IMHO,
absolutely perfect in the Smokies right now!

Hummingbird

---