[at-l] OT - Business

<<Ah! Local banks. One of the advantages of living in a rural backwater.>>

The bank in my hometown was probably the last to get computers. So they
closed early to balance the books, but you could walk in and do business
without waiting for someone to type a bunch of numbers into the computer.

The amazing thing, and to show how small town it was, is that I could walk
in and cash a check, no account there, and no request for ID. See, I didn't
know them, but they knew my family... "Oh, he's one of the Hudsons". I
hadn't lived there in about 15 years....

skeeter