[at-l] GOT: Business as bad as governement (was) RE: Stateworkers-non l ist related!

I AM A STATE EMPLOYEE!!!  I work for one of the state technical colleges.  I
contribute to our state retirement fund.  Etc. Etc.

BUT, I tend to agree.  Unfortunately most state employees get burned out
quick with the "runaround" of gov paperwork and rules -- bureaucracy.

Unfortunately it seems to be creeping into business (big not small so far).
Time Warner is redoing our apt. bldg. so we can have digital cable and
hi-speed internet access.  I got one day's notice that they were coming into
my apt.  They did not say what they were going to do.  So I moved everything
out of the storage closet except for the side away from where my current
cable connection comes into the apt.  Came back after work and found that
they had moved that stuff out of the way.  But it was over.  Wasn't it?
They said so.  Then they came back and had less than 24 hrs. warning.  So I
moved everything out this time.  They did not come back.  Now our cable
connection is coming and going.  And they say its the sub-contractor's fault
and the sub-contractor says its....  No-one knows what's going on!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all those who suffer from government incompetents or from stupid rules, I
apologize.

William, The Turtle

PS    One last example of gov and business incompentency: One time last
winter, we were expecting out checks.  I get mine deposited to the state
credit union.  I went by the bank before going to work.  No money.  I
checked.  Apparently Bank of America had a glitch -- they are our college's
bank.  They are suppose to cover the checks on the last business day of the
month.  Monday was a national holiday, and so money should have been
deposited on Friday.  I spent most of the day gently hasseling the payroll
dept. and the credit union.  The CU gave us an advance based on our previous
deposits.  And payroll called most of the other banks on records and
arranged something through them: I understand they agreed to cover any
special charges those banks might place on their custormers.  Bank of
America's attitude?  Ho-hum.