[at-l] Start dates, snow, and trail runners

I'm thinking about moving my start date from April 15th to March 15th.  I've
read in journals that there's a greater likelihood of snow if I do that (one
hiker woke up to 8" of snow).

If you're wearing trail runners, you'd lose some toes to frostbite if you
hiked in the snow in those, wouldn't you?   Do you slip some kind of
modified trail Wellie over your shoes?  Or wear heavier hiking boots until
you can swap those boots for warmer weather gear (where do you do that)?

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9