[at-l] beach backpakcing

anyone ever been backpacking at the ocean.

i have a few questions:

-silnylon and sand??? is this an ok mix (sand has lots of silite or
something in it, afraid it may "react")

-best way to carry water?  huge bladders? I would need to cary around 2 to 4
gallons.

-is it really as tough as people say it is on the legs.

-how about barefoot in the break with your pack??(harder sand but a funny
slant)

-light weight tent stake ideas?  standard stakes dont hold in sand. and
other stack are expensive/heavy. it is WINDY on a beach.

-should i do as douglas adams suggests and bring a towel or will my sleeping
pad be ok?

-i am thinking in the late fall/winter time any other issues i should worry
about? (yes i walk in the water in the late fall on the beach have been
since i was only 10 .. once a year.. never tried in the dead of winter...
but i plan on it)

-anyone interested in coming along if my buddy does not get back from his
military training by the time i leave.

---