[at-l] white gas along the trail [Mass]

Amy--
	Not a lot of outfitters right on the trail in Mass.  And none
that I know of in the middle (one at Great Barrington in the south
and Williamstown up north).  On the other hand, it's only about a 5
day hike, and especially in the summer, I can't believe that one
couldn't make even a small bottle last the whole time--assuming only
one meal is really cooked (only some coffee or HC in the AM, and snax
or deli for lunch).  A pot cozy would also cut down on fuel
consumption at dinner time, 'cause you don't need to boil/simmer for
as long as the directions indicate.

	That said, there is almost always some white gas at Upper
Goose Pond Cabin (about at the mid point), and probably some
available at the East Mtn Retreat near GB, and maybe even some in
Dalton at Tom Lavardi's house or the Shell Station.

All in all, unless it's a winter hike, I wouldn't worry about it.
Mass is not wilderness, some have described it as "deli to deli
hiking".

Cosmo
--

Cosmo Catalano