[at-l] Re: Thru-hiking Car Following

In a message dated 8/11/2003 11:40:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
platyhiker@yahoo.com writes:

> think it would be wise to stop and think about what
> you want out of AT thru-hike.  Stop and and visualize
> what you want your hike to be.  Think about the trail
> journals you've read, and what were the stories or
> images that really struck you and made say "I want to
> exerience THAT!"  Think about that for a bit before
> continuing to read on ...

I have thought about it why I want to do a thru-hike.  I've thought about it
every single day for 5 years.

I'm not doing the car following thing.  It's not a good idea, and wouldn't
work for us.  As I've said before, the Boy has no sense of directions, and we
couldn't afford it.  I don't want that kind of stress (that's one reason WHY I
want to do a thru) and he can meet up with me along the trail at designated
times and places.

Of course, I have to talk to HIM about it.  He may enjoy the time alone!

GoVols