[at-l] Thru-hiking Car Following

Pittsburgh is a good source.  Del Doc is another.  He has had very few overnights on the mapping trips last year and this.  I told him I expect the list of how he's done it when we finish the mapping as I find I can cover the ground easier and enjoy the views more with a daypack and he and his wife have been able to do everything but Maine thus far that way (she does his shuttling).  The most creative aspect to his logistics I've seen thus far is coming up.  It involves a seaplane to one of the lakes and day hikes either direction from there on back to back days.  I'll give you guys details in a trip report when I get back from that one - late Sept., I think.

And no, it ain't cheap.

Black&blue

p.s. - I met a couple in GA last March using two pickups to day hike the sections down there.