[at-l] Thru-hiking Car Following

Or talk to almost any section hiker that is day hiking whenever possible, me
for instance. We are at Roanoke working our way south so not much help below
that. We are planning on doing another 120 miles or so in the 10 days around
Labor Day. We have not backpacked any section between southern VT and
Roanoke but we have put in some 17-20 miles days to avoid it. We have had
very little trouble finding road crossings with the AT map set in hand.
Without the maps it would be almost impossible.

Two members of the ATC board a few years ago finished section hiking with
their wives doing the shuttling and shopping while they were on the trail.
They claimed it was the most expensive vacation ever, if they included the
shopping expenses.

---