[at-l] Re: tripmore&again 5

i am striving for readablilty....

my stay in bethel has lead me to be a hiker.  so saith mr paul of liverpool,
trekker of the himalayas, and so too a certain bill of south dakota, living
now where once my car overheated.

from bethel i took rt 2 back to NH, and on pinkham B road i headed up pine
mountain.  on an old, barely-used (except for transporting beer upupup). i was
soaked in sweat from the uphillness of it, when what (to my ________) should
appear but a room being prepared for dinner. NO, i was not invited for dinner,
but i was treated to a large glass of water and asked by the director if he
could help me in some way.  "we always try to take care of the hikers".  i asked
for some scenery, an overlook.   and he told me of the ledges trail from pine
mountain down.  and i took it. and it was firstly a marvel. ledge by ledge i
saw the presidential range before me. i feel alone, i WAS alone with it.  i
thanked the mountains for permitting me to see them, for the personal audience. .
. . . then was the challenge of coming down.  i had no pole, and it was steep
and footings were not so clear. each step needed a strategy. and i was alone.
but i DID IT.  yes, proud i was. but a hiker yet? no, but without pine
mountain, the next step would not have been...