  From: at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Bror8588@aol.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 2:53 PM
  To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Subject: [at-l] Hammock Camping on the Appalachian Trail

  Is there anyone on this list that has used a hammock on the Appalachian
Trail?  Is it allowed in the Smokies?  If you have used a hammock on the AT
how do you function in those area where you have to "camp within sight of
the shelter" in the Smokies?  Do you just sleep in the Shelter?  Do you
stealth camp?  Do you walk down the trail a ways and set up where you feel
like it?  What say ye one and all?

  Skylander Jack