[at-l] lightening question

There is a parallel thread right now on rec.boats.paddle regarding
lightning.  Here are some links from that discussion...
http://www.lightningsafety.com/contents.html
http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_pls/ploutdoor.htm

And a story:

"Lee Travino, the golfer, has been struck by lightning twice. According
to a story a couple of years back, when a storm reached the course while
he was preparing to swing, he went back to his bag, grabbed a club, and
stood on the grass holding the iron into the air. One of the other
golfers exhorted him to run for cover, but Lee replied,

"Hell, not even God can hit a 1 iron."

Steve