[at-l] Emergency Books

Orangebug writes as the voice of sweet reason. I, on the other hand,
subscribe to overkill. I know that I am p####g in the wind here, but I
not only recommend a basic first aid course, but an advanced course and
a wilderness first responder course as well.

If you are going into the backcountry, you had best be prepared for
anything...oh, wait, we we talking about the AT here, how silly of me.
Just pull out your cell phone (you know the one you aren't supposed to
be carrying, and that isn't supposed to work) and  call for help....

Seriously, Orangebug is right, if you can recognize that a problem
exists, help on the AT is never more than a day away. But you DO have to
be able to recognize (or admit) when something is wrong.

Lee I Joe

Once I knew where I was going, but now I have forgotten. Sometimes my
mind wanders. Sometimes it goes alone, and other times it takes me
along...this isn't one of those times...