[at-l] Coordinates for Katahdin

Try 45.9042N 68.9216W or UTM 19 506078E 5083190N or the always popular 45 deg 54 min 15 sec N, 68 deg 55 min 18 sec W.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Martino [mailto:yumitori@montana.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 11:20 AM
To: AT-L
Subject: Re: [at-l] Coordinates for Katahdin

Steve Landis wrote:

> Google - "katahdin coordinates"
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=katahdin+coordinates
>
> Steve

	I appreciate the answers both here and in private, but they aren't as
exact as I'd like to get.

	Here's what I'm up to - I need to send another geocacher to a location
and have then photograph themselves and the item there. I decided I'd
like to send someone to the top of Katahdin, since I can't make it there
myself currently.

	In order get them there, I have to find out the coordinates. Using the
info on various mapping software (I tried Topo! and Topo USA, for
example), I'm getting differing answers, and those differ from other
sources such as the websites Google offers up.

	Of course, the sign is going to be hard to miss, so with a judicious
clue (I'm not supposed to just come out and say 'Take a picture of the
sign, doofus!') it shouldn't be a problem. But I wanted to be as precise
as possible...

	Ron

--

must preside at our assemblies.