[at-l] Camera recommendations

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor Hoyt" <vhoyt@comcast.net>

> I use that 28-135 a lot. It's a great lens. One comment: warming filters
> tend not to work too well with digital cameras set to auto white balance.
>
> Vic

Very good point Vic. Actually the only filters that you might need with
digital are a polarizer and if you are into the Cokin system (or a similar
square filter system) the graduated filters can be handy for darkening
overly bright skies. Some software outfits that produce PhotoShop plug-ins
are now creating PhotoShop filter sets that mimic traditional filters
including grads. With digital it is probably a better idea to apply them in
the post-exposure manipulation.

Saunterer