[at-l] Thanks for "In an Emergency"... responses

Don't stop the comments.  So far they have been good.  But for all those who
have replied and those who will, THANKS!

Not only is it good to remind those who have been hiking for a long time, it
is good for newbies, lurkers, and wantabes.  One lady in the non-hiking
group said she would sit by her husband and wait if he had a heart attack.
That's when we got to ...  "But what if he had a mild one?"  "What if no-one
had passed you in a long time?"  Etc.  Basically we talked about what to do
if the situation called you two ways -- One being to stay and one being to
go.  After all, there are times you are doing worse for the person by
staying with them than by leaving them alone.

While I would hate to be alone if I experienced a heart attack, I would
rather a partner to go get help than to stay or for both of us  to try and
walk out.  That is, providing I knew I had a heart attack.  I know enough to
know that it is probably best to just sit and let someone get help for me.
Not like the guy who walked from his distant neighborhood to his doctor's
office and had his FATAL attack when he got through the doctor's door.  Or
my father who almost literally had to be dragged to the doctor's office --
after having several attacks in a row.  And certainly walking on a broken
leg is a No-No.  Especially if a bone is showing or internal bleeding is
expected.  So I asked what would "you" do....

Again, thanks.

William, The Turtle