Getting OT: Gift suggestion (was) RE: Getting back on topic follow-up to RE: [at-l] Off Topic Question

One calendar I am making contains cartoons -- they are easy to find online.
And I am focusing on web humor. They make great presents.  Fairly cheap.
And are really special to the receiver.  Unless they are stuck-ups.

Remember though, you are dealing with copyrighted material.  You cannot make
multiple copies of the same calendar.  Even if they are only for your
personal use as gifts.  Fair-use/personal use only allows one copy.  But if
each calendar is "substantially" different, then if you see a neat pic
(cartoon, photo, etc.) you want to use in several different calendars, you
should be protected by the Fair/Personal Use standards.  That is if you do
not use it for financial gains.  That is the Reader's Digest version of the
situation.

I know someone's going to say "But how are they going to know I used their
product?"  There are a lot of ways.  But the simplest is that you leave
tracks when you go out; especially when you download or copy.

Just for interest sake, I know one author/artist who is ULTRA PROTECTIVE of
their works.  They went into a local burger joint.  Saw a large poster of
one of their works.  If they had taken the settlement out in burgers, they
would be eating burgers for the next millenium.

William, The Turtle