[at-l] Off Topic Question

It's not shareware or freeware but the best viewer/image manipulator program I've seen lately is Jasc's Paint Shop Pro Photo Album http://www.jasc.com/products/photoalbum/. The price is very reasonable for what you get. It allows organizing your photos with a database of thumbnails that can be searched on keywords or descriptions that you enter. You can adjust brightness/contrast, color balance, sharpness and more, resize photos, optimize them for web use, print them. It is a companion program to Paint Shop Pro 8 which is very nearly as good as Adobe's Photoshop for 1/7th the price. I recommend both to anyone wanting to work with digital photos on a budget.

Saunterer
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: KellyGoVols@aol.com
  To: at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 7:22 PM
  Subject: [at-l] Off Topic Question

  I have a camera that takes HUGE pictures.  I need a viewer with some sort of thingy that will allow me to make them smaller in size.  I want to be able to take a 4 mg PIC and make it a smaller mg PIC.  I would prefer shareware or freeware.  Any suggestions.  Sorry again for you strict on topic fellows and gals.

  GoVols