[at-l] ObAT

On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 06:47  PM, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:

> Amy, I think the ObAT phrase means something about the Object being
> the Appalachian Trail. ?Is that right? ?Then what is the AT-L Digest?
> ?Is that not a digest of those who write about the object of the AT or
> is it about the subject being the AT. ?

ObAT means Obligatory AT remark, i.e. "I'm putting this in here so my
post will have
AT content."   We did it on another list, and sometimes got some very
useful
and/or interesting information.

Like this:

ObAT:  I find my interest in hiking the AT waxing and waning every few
years.
For three or four years at a time I'll hike a lot.  Then I'll start to
really miss riding
and I'll focus more on my horses.  Another three or four years and it's
back
to hiking.  What's up with that?

-amy