From: <KellyGoVols@aol.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 6:40 PM
Subject: [at-l] The Tradition of Trailnames

I wonder about the tradition of trail names.  I know that I always wanted to
be "given" a name, and I've often thought that I would be "Christened" on my
AT thru-hike.  I also wanted some say so in the matter, at least a smidgen.
Anyhoo, when the Boy and I went to Tennessee and were on one of the numerous
hiking trails in the area.  He says, "Well, GoVols, whaddyathink?"  He was
asking
me about how I felt about the trip up to that point, but he called me
GoVols.
 (he's a lurker via me on the at-l) I like the name, and he did call me that
on a trail.  Does this count?  Do I have a trail name?

Jus' wonderin'