[at-l] Hiking in Florida (and other hot places)

In a message dated 7/19/2003 3:07:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, KellyGoVols
writes:

> Also, your reference to heat stroke?  I literally get exhausted after being
> in extreme heat after a short period of time.  I sweat, but I swear, I just
> can't take the heat.
>
> KellyGoVols

Have you ever talked to a doctor about it?  It's possible that you have
something that causes you to be heat intolerant (maybe something for which there is
a medical solution), even though you have the ability to sweat.

And, I'm not trying to make you worry, but it might be worth mentioning to
your doctor, if you haven't already done so.  In my case, there is no known
medical solution to "cure" me at this time and I just have to stay inside in the
air conditioning during the hot Florida summers or else move to a colder
climate to live - as per several doctors...

But, regardless - you're welcome to join my newly forming "heat intolerent
hikers club"! :)

Cheryl (Swamp Blar)