[at-l] Hiking in Florida (and other hot places)

In a message dated 7/18/2003 10:32:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm afraid I'm one of those who don't see what the problem is.  So, it's
> hot.  So what?  I've lived in many hot places - the Philippines, Arizona,
> Houston, Senegal, Washington, DC - (but not Florida.)

Ah, see?  That's the key.  South Florida is considered "subtropical" and is a
totally different climate.

I conducted an experiment today, and opened all the windows in the house and
turned the air off.  Well, within a matter of 45 minutes and with nary a
breeze, the temp inside soared to 93 before I turned the air back on.  I walked
outside to cool off, only to be enveloped by what felt like a hot, wet blanket.
I've taken three showers since, and it's taken the air conditioner three hours
to cool the house off to a respectable 79 degrees.

It's a different world altogether down here, and I'm staying inside.

GoVols