[at-l] Summer Hiking in Florida

In a message dated 07/18/2003 1:42:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

> Agreed.  You could hang meat in my office...  My wife thinks I'm insane for
> even suggesting that we turn the AC down, much less off...

I'll pick a fight:
You could hang meat in my office too, or store a dead body.  I think it got
so cold in here once it killed a Palmetto bug.  HOWEVER, at home, The Boy burns
me up.  I like it a chilly 68 degrees when I sleep, he likes it a balmy 79.
I tell him to take my tent and go sleep outside.  I don't mind being
uncomfortable when I hike, but when I'm home, I'm going to be cozy as possible.  And
that's just that.

Now, for me personally? I am NOT going out hiking when they're warning the
homeless that heat exhaustion is a serious threat and half the trails are under
water.  That's South Florida.  I don't know how it is in Central Florida, but
I'd be willing to try a hike near one of the Springs.

GoVolsGoDean