[at-l] Rain gear question (was Mountain Hardware Customer Service)

"Jean-Paul Miller" <jeanpaul@comcast.net> wrote:
...clip...they replaced it with
> a grade 6 jacket which when I weighed it. it was 12oz. but was much better
> then my old one. the pit sips are bigger ...clip...

I have a rain parka (non-breathable) that works okay. It has no pit zips.
Are they really a useful feature? Someone posted a raingear review URL
recently and the reviewer didn't think much of pit zips. What is the
collective experience of y'all? Good feature or just a place to let water
in?

Saunterer