[at-l] Blue Knob State Park in PA

Watch out for them Bears, they are acting funny this year.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jessop [mailto:David.Jessop@oberlin.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 23:46
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Blue Knob State Park in PA

Hi,

I hiked the Mountain View Trail today at Blue Knob State Park in southern
PA. It was my third time hiking the trail but my first with a 30 lb pack.
I wore the pack as a test to see how it would hold up (Outdoor Products
$19.99 @ Walmart). I will be using said pack for a 5-day trip beginning
next Saturday at the Quehanna Trail in northwestern PA. It will be my
first solo backpacking trip. This list challenged me to think about
backpacking radically in that I will be using a large daypack to hike with
and am facing my fear by bringing only what I believe I need. Thanks guys.

-David